[typo] Another Frustrating Dreamhost/Rails/Typo experience

Mike Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Tue Sep 6 17:17:19 EDT 2005

Greetings List,

I'm new to Rails and Ruby, but a reasonably experienced PHP/MySQL
hacker. I seem to be have some problems similar to those discussed here
a few weeks ago.

My Typo installation (http://mikepurvis.com) works when set to
dispatch.cgi, but it's Ruby on Snails. When I point to the fcgi
dispatcher, it's nice and brisk until it seizes up and then I get 500s
(represented by the "Typo Not Available" error...)

At the moment of writing, it seems to be running, although "ps ax" on
the server shows 15 running dispatch.fcgi processes.

I'm running Typo from SVN (about 24 hours ago), and it's Ruby 1.8.2. The
version of rails I'm not sure about.

Okay, now it's going slow as molasses and the server is showing 8
running processes including one that's "defunct".

Any suggestions?