[typo] Live search broken with svn head

Phil Cryer phil at cryer.us
Wed Oct 26 14:20:49 EDT 2005

Jonas
Thanks for the help, and this almost worked, what happens now is it finds the results cause it 'flashed' them under the searchbar where you'd expect...but they're only there for a split second!  Here's what I did, and it did fix something cause it's at least finding the results, just choking when it tries to display (again, no errors in the logs!)

>1. If your theme has a shared/_search.rhtml make sure it's updated

My theme doesn't, but I still deleted and did svn update to insure I had the latest under app/views/shared

>2. Make sure you reset the cached pages

I did this via the admin console; both options

>"parameters:'q=' + escape($F('q'))"

I do see that in the source, at the end of this line:

new Form.Element.Observer('q', 1, function(element, value) {new Ajax.Updater('search-results', '/live/search', {asynchronous:true, evalScripts:true, onComplete:function(request){Element.hide('search_spinner')}, onLoading:function(request){Element.show('search_spinner')}, parameters:'q=' + escape($F('q'))})})

Give it a go on my site, try to search for any of my categories for an example...you'll see a list and then it's gone! Thanks

migrate since I saw that a live search file was downloaded; I thought it would
fix Live Search.  It did fix the bogus characters showing up in the search
results, but now I never get any results.  You can see it in (in)action here:
http://fak3r.com - for example, here are the logs during a live search for
'freebsd'

> Rendering live/search
> Completed in 0.01254 (79 reqs/sec)
| Rendering: 0.00308 (24%) | DB: 0.00367 (29%) | 200 OK [http://fak3r.co
> m/live/search]
> Processing LiveController#search (for 199.249.176.251
at 2005-10-26 11:21:00) [POST]
>   Parameters: {"freebsd"=>"", "action"=>"search",
"controller"=>"live", "_"=>""}
(91 reqs/sec) | Rendering: 0.00180 (16%) | DB: 0.00378 (34%) | 200 OK [http://fak3r.co

> m/live/search]
>

> Thanks