[typo] Live search broken with svn head

jonasb.16759522@bloglines.com jonasb.16759522 at bloglines.com
Wed Oct 26 12:59:27 EDT 2005

I haven't updated to version of the trunk yet, but I tried the patch out manually.
And I had the same problem initially.

1. If your theme has a shared/_search.rhtml
make sure it's updated
2. Make sure you reset the cached pages
in the browser and see if the live search includes "parameters:'q=' + escape($F('q'))"

Hope that helps!

/Jonas (jonas.b at home.se)
http://andthennothing.net

--- phil at cryer.us wrote:
I did an 'svn update' today followed by a rake
migrate since I saw that a live search file was downloaded; I thought it would
fix Live Search.  It did fix the bogus characters showing up in the search
results, but now I never get any results.  You can see it in (in)action here:
http://fak3r.com - for example, here are the logs during a live search for
'freebsd'

> Rendering live/search
> Completed in 0.01254 (79 reqs/sec)
| Rendering: 0.00308 (24%) | DB: 0.00367 (29%) | 200 OK [http://fak3r.co
> m/live/search]
> Processing LiveController#search (for 199.249.176.251
at 2005-10-26 11:21:00) [POST]
>   Parameters: {"freebsd"=>"", "action"=>"search",
"controller"=>"live", "_"=>""}
(91 reqs/sec) | Rendering: 0.00180 (16%) | DB: 0.00378 (34%) | 200 OK [http://fak3r.co

> m/live/search]
>

> Thanks