[typo] core.*

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Mon Oct 24 17:17:03 EDT 2005

On Oct 24, 2005, at 2:01 PM, Koen Van der Auwera wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm running typo 2.5.6 (stable) @dreamhost and I see on a regular base
> core.* files in my public directory. Can someone please tell me
> what they
> are and what I should do about it, because they are quite huge
> (25M). I'm
> sure this is something trivial, no?

Ruby is crashing for some reason; your OS leaves the core files
behind to help with debugging.  They're probably not very useful to
you, so you can delete them, but it'd be worth asking someone at
dreamhost to see if they can figure out why Ruby is crashing.  I
haven't seen anyone else (even dreamhost users) complain about this