[typo] Typo blog using 100MB RAM per process?

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Mon Oct 24 15:08:49 EDT 2005

On Oct 24, 2005, at 11:46 AM, Jason Hoffman wrote:
> On Oct 24, 2005, at 10:24 AM, Scott Laird wrote:
>

>> Fun.  I'll see if I can reproduce any of this shortly.  I'd like to
>> get this fixed today if at all possible.
>>

> I think the main issue is that rails dispatch.fcgi's aren't getting
> killed off when a lighttpd is restarted, and people in our forum have
> said the same. It's odd because we don't see it with any of our
> stuff. I don

There are two issues, then.  There is absolutely a memory leak in
Typo running under Rail 0.14.1.  Unfortunately, the leak seems to be
happening inside of rails--calling render_component always leaks
memory.  I have a (non-Typo) test case, and I'm trying to find the
problem with render_component so we can fix this and move on.

Scott