[typo] Problem with Typo on TextDrive

Henning Bertram henning at bertramonline.com
Mon Oct 24 04:44:00 EDT 2005


I have been running Typo quite happily on TextDrive for a while, but am 
now running into problems with resource cunsumption. Actually, the 
process is now being shot down riught after it starts, due to excessive 
memory usage.

I have just upgraded to the latest SVN version (934 I believe?). As per 
instructions from the TxD support, I have turned caching off. I have 
also manually emptied the 'sessions' table (being that I have in the 
past seen Typo choke on this table. At least that is what I havew 
gathered from the crach log.)

Anyways, the site is running Ligthttpd/fcgi. I have tried to be as 
conservative as possible in the fcgi (like this:

           "socket"   => "/home/hbertram/lighttpd/typo.socket",
          "bin-path" => "/home/hbertram/typo/public/dispatch.fcgi",
           "bin-environment" => ( "RAILS_ENV" => "production" ),
           "max-load-per-proc" => 25,
       "min-procs" => 1,
           "max-procs" => 1,
       "idle-timeout" => 60

)

Still, it consumes enormous amounts of resources. I have changed nothing 
important (afaik: i hav emade a theme of my own, but it does nothing 
spectular). Other than del.icio.us, my sidebar plugins are just static text.

If anybody has a Typo instance running on TextDrive (and still running, 
after the enforcing of limits) -- I would be quite happy to hear what 
you have done....

/Henning


More information about the Typo-list mailing list