[typo] trackback pinging

Peter Van Garderen peter at artefactual.com
Fri Oct 21 16:36:15 EDT 2005

> I don't know that typo has a way to send trackbacks
> currently; then again, I don't use them myself.  If that
> understanding is correct, you'll need to use an external tool
> to send them.  There are some free online trackback sending
> tools like this:
> http://www.forret.com/tools/trackback.asp

Thanks Justus. I just used forret.com to successfully sent my first
trackback (to Tim O'Reilly's 'What is Web 2.0?' article)

> > In fact, I am confused about what the Articles-->Create New
> Trackback
> > feature actually does.
> This creates a new trackback attached to your article.  That
> is, to mimic the same process of some external site creating
> a trackpoint pointed at your article.  The URL should be the
> URL of this external blog.

O.K. so it's like a reverse, vanity trackback. i.e., some other blog post
has mentioned your article but they were too lazy to send you a trackback so
you enter one yourself using TYPO's 'Articles-->Create New Trackback'
feature, right?

Thanks for the help.

Peter Van Garderen
Consultant, Artefactual Systems