[typo] Live Search on Pages?

Peter Van Garderen peter at artefactual.com
Fri Oct 21 16:23:50 EDT 2005

Hey Bradley,

> I've implemented it,

That's great.

> After looking at it, it seems really strange to return
> the entire contents of a bunch of pages  and articles on the
> results. Should I just list the pages titles instead? Or
> display both the pages and articles as summaries?
>
> Ideas or suggestions?

When I use LiveSearch the article titles for my hits are generated in the
sidebar (underneath the search box in the "search-results" div).

So I am already getting a short list of titles. Then I click on the title in
my sidebar search hit list to view the article in the main body of my
webpage. (See http://vangarderen.ca. Type 'thesis' in as a sample search
term. It lists the article titles of the three search hits).

My preference would be to have it work like this for Pages as well.

Peter

Peter Van Garderen
Consultant, Artefactual Systems
New Westminster, Canada