[typo] script/console and Typo (continuation from my last issue)

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Wed Oct 19 07:35:07 EDT 2005

So I was ready to do a bit of digging to try figure out what might be
happening with my sidebar.  I thought it might be neat to hammer away at the
console to get a closer look at what was happening.  But look!

  % script/console
  >> Sidebar.find_all
  NameError: uninitialized constant ApplicationController

Why is this so?  With all the other rails apps I have hanging around, I can
access classes directly and it somehow finds them for me (either that or it
has them included already.)  Is Typo different like that?

Anyway, I got a bit further after manually loading 'application'...

  % script/console
  >> require 'application'
  => true
  >> Sidebar.find_all[0].active_config
  => "!map:HashWithIndifferentAccess \nmaximum_tags: \"1\"\n"

So at this point I don't know _why_ it's a string, but I know that it _is_.
My guess is that the same problem is causing both these phenomena.  Luckily I
do keep my production and development check-outs separate, so the production
one is sitting happily at revision 646 with no problems at all.

Next, I guess I will do some kind of binary search between 646 and 683 to
figure out where it started happening.

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz at trypticon.org>