[typo] Gathering stats

Phil Cryer phil at cryer.us
Fri Oct 14 14:31:38 EDT 2005

This morning I got 'second post' on the Slashdot story on Ruby on Rails [http://developers.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=165282&cid=13790268] and used the opportunity to drive traffic to my site, and give the 'live search' something to do.  After 4 hours we've passed 60,000 requests from mod_proxy - but how do I gather stats as far as:

1) how many pages lighttpd served?

2) how many db queries did fastcgi handle?

This is on a homeserver behind DSL (which was the only bottleneck) but everything worked perfectly (as expected).  Once I know how to pull stats from the log I'll post the results, it's certainly more traffic than I've ever seen at home.

"You teach best what you most need to learn." - Richard Bach