[typo] Latest SVN, sidebar issues

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Wed Oct 12 03:03:47 EDT 2005

es.rubyforge at xemaps.com writes:

> Yes..  I was wrestling with this myself a few days ago.  I saw
> exactly what you were seeing, and noticed when I added a new sidebar
> I had to manually clear out the staged_config field in the sidebars
> table to get the sidebar to render (albeit with default values only).

This is distinctly weird; AFAICT nothing in the recent changes to move
over to inherited content types touched the sidebar at all.

What happens when you run the tests?

> I can't say how I fixed it, other than the fact that I got it working
> about the time I installed the latest beta rails gems (was using
> 0.13.1 rails gems).  Is the trunk now only compatible with edge or
> beta rails and no longer with 0.13.1?  Or did I magically fix this
> problem some other way and not know how I did it.

Nope, still works with 0.13.1 -- we managed to fix the incompatibility
without becoming dependent on new version.

> Hope that helps you poke around and fix the problem.

Not yet.

Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>