[typo] Latest SVN, sidebar issues

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Wed Oct 12 00:51:24 EDT 2005

I just did an upgrade to the latest version of Typo in SVN (revision 667)
to see if there was a fix for an issue I was having with the feed
autodiscovery URLs.

However, after said upgrade, the sidebars no longer work.

If I go into the admin/sidebar screen, I see the parameter name stored in
each text field instead of the value.  e.g. for the tag sidebar block, the
value next to "Maximum tags" is "maximum_tags".

If I try to render the page itself, I get the error "can't convert String
into Hash":
/components/sidebars/sidebar_controller.rb:39:in `merge!'
/components/sidebars/sidebar_controller.rb:39:in `index'
/app/helpers/application_helper.rb:77:in `render_sidebar'
(erb):2:in `evaluate_locals'
(erb):1:in `evaluate_locals'
/lib/renderfix.rb:12:in `render_file'
components/sidebars/sidebar_controller.rb:82:in `display_plugins'
/app/helpers/articles_helper.rb:88:in `render_sidebars'
(erb):37:in `evaluate_locals'
/lib/renderfix.rb:12:in `render_file'

I don't think this is a database issue on my end, as I've tried repairing
the values in the sidebar configuration blocks, but they get reverted to
these string values.  But has anyone else on the bleeding edge seen this?