[typo] Development set up

Nicholas Van Weerdenburg vanweerd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 14:40:15 EDT 2005

On 29 Sep 2005 23:07:04 -0000, jonasb.16759522 at bloglines.com
<jonasb.16759522 at bloglines.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the replies bradley and Justus!
>
> I've been thinking and reading
> up on this for a while now. I'm not sure I like the svk solution basically
> since I want to use the hosted svn repository and I like the subclipse plug-in
> in Eclipse.
>
> But wouldn't it work fine to use a typo-import branch, and
> regularly merge it manually with the Typo trunk (and then merge typo-import
> with my trunk using svn). I don't see what the drawback of this approach would
> be, but I'm a svn newbie.
>
> Regards,
> Jonas Bengtsson (jonas.b at home.se)

The issue would be when files are moved, deleted and renamed.

There is a perl script in svn that does a vendor import to a branch,
and does the necessary work to import successive releases of the
vendor code.

Copy the original branch for do your development on, and then use the
perl script to update the vendor branch. That branch can then be
merged.

I haven't tried this, and don't remember the script name. Its covered
in "Pragmatic Version Control with Subversion" and I'm sure most other
subversion books.

Regards,
Nick
--