[typo] FreeBSD issue with trunk (r760) vs 2.6.0

John Athayde bobo at meticulous.com
Wed Nov 30 20:08:55 EST 2005

First off, 2.6.0 is working swimmingly on my FreeBSD 5.4 box.

I tried to take one of the sites and move it to trunk (backed
everything up and when it didn't work, restored it).

Rake works fine on 2.6.0, but generates this fun error:

Fatal error 'Spinlock called when not threaded.' at line 87 in file /
usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_spinlock.c (errno = 2)
Abort trap (core dumped)
rake aborted!

and leaves me with a yummy ruby18.core files in the directory. Per
the documentation, I also tried the following:

cuba# public/dispatch.fcgi
Fatal error 'Spinlock called when not threaded.' at line 87 in file /
usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_spinlock.c (errno = 2)
rAbort (core dumped)
cuba# ruby public/dispatch.fcgi
Fatal error 'Spinlock called when not threaded.' at line 87 in file /
usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_spinlock.c (errno = 2)
Abort (core dumped)

and leaves just a ruby.core file in the directory.

Any thoughts why stable would work and trunk (r760) not?

Thanks in advance,

John Athayde
bobo at meticulous.com

Meticulous | www.meticulous.com (work)
Rotoscope | www.rotoscope.com (sound: rock band)
Boboroshi & Kynz | www.boboroshiandkynz.com (sound: electronic)
Personal Weblog | www.boboroshi.com (play)

          - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
                        Reply of the Pennsylvania Assembly to the
Governor
                                  November 11, 1755