[typo] Customized 404 (Page Not Found) Page?

Sean Santry santry+typo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 15:59:22 EST 2005

On 11/30/05, Sean Santry <santry+typo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a good way to provide a customized 404 (Page not
> Found) page for my Typo blogs. I've tried several implementations
> myself, but none are satisfactory. I'm more than willing to write the
> patch, just need some direction on the best approach.

Well, I'm one step closer. By modifying the following line in

      render :text => "Page not found", :status => 404

to read

     render :file => "#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/404.html", :status => 404

I can at least customize the page. In my previous attempts, I
neglected to include #{RAILS_ROOT}.

I'd really like to be able to manage this as a regular Page, though,
so I'm still open to suggestions.

- Sean