[typo] Trunk jumping

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 14:57:19 EST 2005

On 11/30/05, David Richardson <gilgit at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just migrated a number of databases from version 9 to 28 (Typo760). I'm using Rails 14.3 and Postgres. I don't know what version ofTypo was associated with database schema v. 9.
> Had lots of problems until I modified the rake documentation task inrails, then I was able to use 'rake migrate' and everything wentsmoothly. The administrative (web) interface to upgrade the databasestructures was hit and miss for me - very frustrating.
> The offending file is/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-0.14.3/lib/tasks/documentation.rakeChange all instances of proper case 'Public' to lowercase 'public'.Make a backup first!
> The problem is fixed in Rails 14.4, apparently, but I'm not that adventurous.Hope this helps.

I came across that exact same problem myself last night, which was
quite the adventure seeing how this is the first real Rails
application I've worked on as I haven't got much past the Depot part
of the Rails book and have now actually moved to the PickAxe so I can
learn how to walk first before running.

It is quite easy to make the changes though so nothing to be that
worried about. :)

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge