[typo] Question about sidebar / cacheing / rails

David Richardson gilgit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 21:12:38 EST 2005

A complete page is the smallest cache fragment Typo knows about. Sameas a Movable Type site. This was a Typo design decision, rather than aRails one.
Not flexible, and not as fast as a page-component RAM cache, buteasier to implement. An alternate caching mechanism is in thedevelopment area for comment, as well as a patch to include abrowser-fetch mechanism (Javascript) for sidebar content -http://typo.leetsoft.com/trac/ticket/345
I don't understand where the pages are cached, though. Typo seems tobe unusually sensitive to configuration, and I wonder if the cachingmechanism contributes to these problems.
D.R.

--www.channel200.net
aim: david.richardson at mac.comjabber/googletalk: channel200 at gmail.com