[typo] Question about sidebar / cacheing / rails

David Gee davidgee at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 17:13:38 EST 2005

Hi,
I'm fairly new to rails. I've noticed that many of the sidebars that
aggregate third-party info, such as the flickr, upcoming.org, and
del.icio.us sidebars, don't get updated in the sidebar. Is this an
artifact of Typo's caching? Is the caching system inherent to Rails apps
(it seems like it might be) or is it a Typo-specific feature? Any
workarounds? I'm thinking of just going back to hand-rolling all my
sidebar stuff and including it dynamically on pages, which would remove
a lot of the advantage of using Typo in the first place.

Also, are there any plans in the works for multiple sidebars,
context-sensitive sidebars (ie. certain sidebar plugins only show up on
certain pages), or anything like that?

Sorry for the abundance of questions, I'm looking into these questions
on the web as well and will gladly summarize and report back as soon as
I have useful info.

cheers,
david

--