[typo] Wiki spam - new problem

Paul R Brown paulrbrown at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 22:31:25 EST 2005

> Noticed that there's a new problem with spam on the ticket system.
> Can't remove this because the links are being entered into the
> changelog.  If this doesn't get nipped in the bud there is going to
> be a lot of it, because they aren't tagged as nofollow.  For examples
> look at the tickets with spam as the component.

Well...  It was a matter of time until people figured out how to do
this with Trac.  I had some initial experience with wiki spam on a
Snipsnap installation a while ago, and the only thing that seemed to
be effective was to lock-down access to add content and then
aggressively blacklist referral IPs.  There have even been somewhat
isolated instances of Jira spam when registration is open.

	-- Paul