[typo] XML feeds in typo

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Tue Nov 22 22:41:27 EST 2005

On Nov 22, 2005, at 4:39 PM, Jonathan Weiss wrote:

> Typo 2.5.6 does not have the "urn:uuid" stuff but the feeds are
> validating.
> Is this a new standard?

The ID really just needs to be a unique IRI, which is a variant of
the URI.  The urn:uuid is one of the ways to generate a unique ID,
and it works better for use then the alternatives.  The previous
version wasn't unique in all cases (multiple blogs on the same host
with articles with the same title within a calendar year, IIRC),
while this one is a lot easier, *and* it's valid for RSS and Atom, so
we can keep the same UIDs no matter which feed we use.

> Where is the xmlschema function defined and how can I change the
> timezone it
> uses? Or should one config.active_record.default_timezone = :utc
> and just
> propagate utc in the feeds?

I'd set the ActiveRecord default, and then verify that it isn't
causing any obvious problems.

Scott