[typo] flickr XMLRPC not working?

Victor Jalencas victor-typo at carotena.net
Sun Nov 20 18:40:35 EST 2005

Scott Laird wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2005, at 11:59 AM, Victor Jalencas wrote:
>> Joerg Battermann wrote:
>>> Hey there,
>>> I use(d) the movable-type api at flickr for a picture-based blog-
>>> entry
>>> every now and then, but it seems flickr now automatically assumes,
>>> that
>>> the xmlrpc backend is located under "/backend/xmlrpc/mt-
>>> xmlrpc.cgi". I
>>> re-added my blog in my flicker account's settings, and it detected it
>>> fine using the actual typo-url, but after validating et all, it again
>>> uses the url above :\
>>> it's definetly a flickr bug from what I can tell...
>> Can we have a bit of routing magic as a workaround, while flickr fixes
>> its act up?
> If you look at the bug in trac, they're finding our API okay, but
> then asking for metaweblog.getUsersBlogs, which doesn't exist.  Since
> the metaweblog API spec doesn't list a getUsersBlogs, it's hard to
> implement it.

That's right, I didn't check trac, I just went by Joerg description. No
wonder it is failing, since it is a blogger API method [1]. I wonder if
we could implement it as per Blogger's spec, since being Typo a
single-blog-per-user engine, getting the URL of the XMLRPC endpoint
wouldn't be much difficult.

[1] http://www.blogger.com/developers/api/1_docs/xmlrpc_getUsersBlogs.html