[typo] Future-dated Articles

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Sun Nov 20 11:10:21 EST 2005

On Nov 20, 2005, at 1:28 AM, Victor Jalencas wrote:

> Well, while I think typo should honor the date sent by an XML-RPC
> client, I think that whether publishing it or not is at least open for
> discussion. I don't necessarily interpret the semantics of a
> future-dated post as you seem to do. Where does it say that a
> future-dated post does not have to appear until that date?

1.  The XMLRPC future-date problem is a bug.  Can someone please file
it?

2.  The "future-dated post" semantics are pretty well established
with Movable Type, etc.  It'd be nice to support them, but our cache
doesn't make this very easy.  I'd gladly accept a patch that does the
easy side of things--ignore future-dated articles when showing
posts.  If someone can fix that, then I'll finish some cache work
that I've been doing, and I think we'll be able to make it work.

Scott