[typo] Future-dated Articles

Victor Jalencas victor-typo at carotena.net
Sun Nov 20 04:28:54 EST 2005

David Richardson wrote:
> Typo does not seem to respect future-dated posts.
> - Articles that have a post date in the future are always displayed.
> - Articles submitted using XML-RPC clients (ecto specifically, but
> probably all) have dates set to the current time if they are posted
> with a future date/time.
> Am I missing something here (before I fix it)?

Well, while I think typo should honor the date sent by an XML-RPC
client, I think that whether publishing it or not is at least open for
discussion. I don't necessarily interpret the semantics of a
future-dated post as you seem to do. Where does it say that a
future-dated post does not have to appear until that date?

Don't get me wrong, while I am able to understand the reasoning behind
that assumption, I am also able to understand that the date be nothing
else but a property of the post, and in most cases I'd prefer the second

I think that this type of feature is more appropriate for a CMS than for
a blog engine. And, in the same manner that you want to have a window
for (beginning of) publication, some might say that they also want to
have a date after which the post would no longer be visible. So perhaps
a different, new property would be more appropriate