[typo] Site5

Rob Sanheim rsanheim at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 13:06:52 EST 2005

On 11/18/05, Brandon Jones <mbjones at ou.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone host rails apps (particularly typo) with Site5?  If so
> how is performance?  My contract  with dreamhost will soon run out
> and I am somewhat unhappy with the performance I've been getting as
> of late and was looking for something else.  Site5's current special
> is attractive, but would like others opinions before just jumping on it.
> Brandon

I have no experience with Site5, but I can wholeheartedly recommend
Rimuhosting for Rails hosting (http://www.rimuhosting.com).  You get
your own VPS server with root access, and the performance is great
with the Xen system they are using.  You can install whatever you want
so you can set up your own DNS server, SMTP, whatever in addition to

Ezra has posted a detailed tutorial that he has used for getting up
and running on a Debian rimu box with Rails plus a bunch of other
goodies (http://brainspl.at/rails_stack.html).  Also, the rimuhosting
support has been fantastic.

I'm just using my rimu box for java and wordpress hosting right now,
but I think a VPS system of some sort is really the way to go for
stable rails hosting.  Good luck with whatever you go with!

- Rob