[typo] Markdown Textfilter

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Wed Nov 16 16:33:44 EST 2005

On Nov 16, 2005, at 12:40 PM, Mike Purvis wrote:
> I'm hoping there's some easy way to do this. Basically, I really like
> Markdown. A lot more than Textile. So I currently have my Typo set to
> use Markdown for both entries and comments.
>
> One of my favourite features is the ability to just use HTML in places
> where there isn't a markdown equivalent. However, this is not
> acceptable
> for the comment box... how can I have the comment box use a slightly
> modified Markdown that always encodes angle brackets?

Right now, comments *always* have < and > encoded before the text
filters get their hands on them.  Look for the HTML filter; that's
what it does.  I'd love to see a 'safe HTML' filter that takes <a>
(without any javascript additions), <p>, <table>, etc.  If we had
one, then we could use that instead of the strict HTML filter and
comments would be a bit more flexible.

Scott