[typo] Comments about the current state of typo theming

Justus Pendleton justus at ryoohki.net
Mon Nov 14 15:25:22 EST 2005

Micah Wylde wrote:
> I appear to not be making myself clear, so let me try again. [snip]

Sounds like what you are saying is that someone who is strongly invested
in theming should become more involved in the development of typo so
that committers are aware when their changes impact theming.  Are you
volunteering? :)

I don't think anyone really disagrees all that much with your point.
But it is also pretty clear that maintaining theme compatibility isn't
the highest priority for developers; their focus is in other directions,
directions that matter more to them personally.  Unless someone for whom
it is a high priority begins to contribute unit tests and code reviews
SVN commits then I don't imagine much will really come of it.

For instance, I'd like to see OpenID added to Typo sooner rather than
later but my expectation is that unless I do that personally it'll
probably be a while until someone else becomes motivated to add it.