[typo] Standalone works fine, fails through apache

Andrew Theaker theaks at hardlovecowboys.com
Sun Nov 13 22:31:24 EST 2005

I'm currently setting Typo up and I'm having a problem. When I start
the app using script/server it works fine.

My host is set up to use fastcgi, so I'm attempting to use Typo
through Apache. I've verified everything is working fine at the server
end by setting up a few test apps.

When I try to access Type through dispatch.fcgi, the page loads for a
long time and ends up blank. fastcgi.crash.log is not created but I
get the following message in my apache error log

[Wed Nov  9 16:32:25 2005] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server
"/home/theakern/public_html/andrew/dispatch.fcgi" has failed to remain
running for 30 seconds given 3 attempts, its restart interval has been
backed off to 600 seconds

So i changed my .htaccess so i use dispatch.cgi instead. When i access
the page I get Application Error Typo could not be reached. In my
apache error logs i now see

[Wed Nov  9 18:09:23 2005] [error] [client] Premature end
of script headers: /home/theakern/public_html/andrew/dispatch.cgi.

Once again there is no fastcgi.crash.log

The only other thing of note is that I'm not running it out of the
root directory of my webserver. I've added RewriteBase /blog/ to my
.htaccess tho.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this, or what to test next?