[typo] Comments about the current state of typo theming

Dick Davies rasputnik at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 11:17:33 EST 2005

On 13/11/05, gpshewan <gpsnospam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Cease Typo development for themes?  Ridiculous.  Let me think ...

Good idea. It might be worth doing that before posting, so you can address
what was said rather than what you think you read.

No-one suggested that typo development should be halted, just that it might
not be such a good idea to break theme compatibility in the middle of
a theme contest.

We're not talking about hamstringing anyone or holding up development -
that's what trunk is for. We're talking about *releases*.
And the security/bugfix backport issue is irrelevant - none of the
bugfixes I saw had anything to do with the theme directory.

On the other hand:

* it was a 2.5 -> 2.6 version bump
* it was mentioned by Scott on the download page, including a workaround
* UI (especially when its css related) is a bugger to unit test