[typo] Newbie Question (Modifying Sidebar Plugins)

David Gee davidgee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:58:46 EST 2005

Apologies in advance for the very simple question. I'm very new to ruby
as well as to typo.

I'm trying to modify the default (2.6.0) installation to add a
customizable title to some of the sidebar plugins, such as delicious and
flickr. Adding & displaying the title field was a breeze, thanks to
rails' superior setup. However, to make the modification complete, i'd
like to add a default value to the title field. However, when i try to
modify, for example delicious_controller.rb, and add stuff to
self.default_config, it doesn't show up in the admin interface.

I'm on a shared hosting environment (dreamhost), another new experience
for me, so I don't think I can restart httpd. Is there any other way to
get these changes to show up? I tried clearing the page cache on the
settings page, which did not help.

david gee ::: david at mode3.com ::: http://www.mode3.com/david