[typo] Newbie Question (Modifying Sidebar Plugins)

David Gee davidgee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:58:46 EST 2005

Hi,
Apologies in advance for the very simple question. I'm very new to ruby
as well as to typo.

I'm trying to modify the default (2.6.0) installation to add a
customizable title to some of the sidebar plugins, such as delicious and
flickr. Adding & displaying the title field was a breeze, thanks to
rails' superior setup. However, to make the modification complete, i'd
like to add a default value to the title field. However, when i try to
modify, for example delicious_controller.rb, and add stuff to
self.default_config, it doesn't show up in the admin interface.

I'm on a shared hosting environment (dreamhost), another new experience
for me, so I don't think I can restart httpd. Is there any other way to
get these changes to show up? I tried clearing the page cache on the
settings page, which did not help.

Thanks,
david

--