[typo] Export from mysql of typo articles with forward ticks instead of apostrophes

Nicholas Van Weerdenburg vanweerd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 10:15:46 EST 2005

Hi all,
I have an issue with mysql export of typo articles putting garbage inthe export file in place of forward ticks (right single quotes Iguess).
It looks like they are stored in an odd manner in mysql already- ’-but they display okay. However, on export, they get garbled more an nolonger display correctly.
Looking at one example of It'sPre Export:It’s
Post Export:It’s
This content was edited on a Mac, and I assume there is a forward tickon the keyword. My windows keyboard doesn't seem to have it, havingthe apostrophe ' only.
Can anyone shed some insight into the issue and if there is a workaround? Right now I plan to switch to regular apostrophe.
Thanks,Nick--Nicholas Van Weerdenburg