[typo] Converting from mysql to postgresql

Aaron Malone aaron at munge.net
Wed Nov 9 11:24:06 EST 2005

I have an existing WordPress blog that I want to convert to Typo.
Because WP only backends on MySQL, but I would like to change to
PostgreSQL for the Typo blog.  The script in db/converters will not
work cross-server because of the way it uses ActiveRecord.

I had thought of possibly converting to mysql/typo, then serializing
the data somehow using Rails, and reloading it into a postgresql/typo
instance.  I just don't yet know Rails well enough to know if this will
work, or how to go about it.

Anyone have suggestions?

Aaron Malone
aaron at munge.net