[typo] THEME CONTEST !! - How many people are entering

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Tue Nov 8 09:52:51 EST 2005

On Nov 7, 2005, at 10:58 PM, jesse newland wrote:
> I linked to the changeset detailing support for themeing partials (and
> was given the go ahead to use it) 9 hours after the initial theme
> contest post. I'm theming both partials and plugins in my theme, which
> I'm currently testing at http://jnewland.com.
> These improvements don't break old-style default.rhtml only themes,
> but do provide outrageously enhanced flexibility. It's getting better
> everyday actually: with changes made to the trunk today, you can now
> apply a class to each type of sidebar element, like:
> .delicious ul li {
>   list-style:none;
> }
> by cleverly hacking
> /themes/$YOURTHEME/views/sidebars/sidebar/display_plugins.rhtml
> Let's just all make the best themes we can, and get some attention for
> Typo, a great piece of software. Deal?

It seems pretty clear at this point that:

1.  The theme contest was never really limited to 2.5.x anyway.
2.  There's still time to update themes.
3.  People want to use the new views.
4.  Geoffrey is okay with it.

So I'll go ahead and include the new view code in 2.5.7, assuming
that nothing bizarre happens.  I've added it to my tree already, but
I haven't had time to test it--I'm still fixing 0.14.x-isms.