[typo] THEME CONTEST !! - How many people are entering

jesse newland jnewland at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 01:58:56 EST 2005

>From typogarden
(http://www.typogarden.com/articles/2005/10/10/typo-theme-contest#comments):

---
Jesse Newland said about 9 hours later:
Will themes be judged against SVN trunk or Typo 2.5?

I'm specfically interested in using a build newer than [578] to make
that pesky blue spinner match my color scheme. Would this be ok?

 topfunky said about 9 hours later:
No problem! Definitely use the newer build if you want to, which is
definitely an improvement vis a vis the blue spinner.
---

I linked to the changeset detailing support for themeing partials (and
was given the go ahead to use it) 9 hours after the initial theme
contest post. I'm theming both partials and plugins in my theme, which
I'm currently testing at http://jnewland.com.

These improvements don't break old-style default.rhtml only themes,
but do provide outrageously enhanced flexibility. It's getting better
everyday actually: with changes made to the trunk today, you can now
apply a class to each type of sidebar element, like:

.delicious ul li {
  list-style:none;
}

by cleverly hacking
/themes/$YOURTHEME/views/sidebars/sidebar/display_plugins.rhtml

Let's just all make the best themes we can, and get some attention for
Typo, a great piece of software. Deal?

Jesse