[typo] THEME CONTEST !! - How many people are entering

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Mon Nov 7 21:38:36 EST 2005

On Nov 7, 2005, at 6:24 PM, Leevi Graham wrote:
> I think having competition themes for the latest stable release is the
> best idea.
>
> My theme was nearly complete until all these changes where put in
> place.
>
> We can always ahve another comp as theis one seems to be going very
> well.

I don't really care what the rules are for the theme contest, as long
as there *are* rules and everyone plays by the same ones :-).

Right now, *none* of the theme view code is in 2.5.6, which is the
current stable release.  So you're safe on that front, at least right
now.

Unfortunately, 2.5.6 doesn't entirely work right with Rails 0.14.x,
so I need to release 2.5.7 soon; it'd be best for me if it's out
before Wednesday night.  Now, since I'm doing a new release, I *can*
include the view code--it's really self-contained and easy to drop
into place.  It's won't break any existing themes, but it'll add new
abilities that give newer themes an advantage.  Which probably isn't
fair.  So I'm leaning against including the new view code, unless
there's an overwhelming show of support, ideally including people who
already have themes submitted.  So far, I've heard one person who's
against the new code.  Is anyone *for* it?

Scott