[typo] THEME CONTEST !! - How many people are entering

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Mon Nov 7 20:26:08 EST 2005

On Nov 7, 2005, at 5:02 PM, kellan wrote:
> On 11/7/05, Kyle Heon <kheon at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Can you provide a code sample of how you'd theme partials?
>
> Partials "just worked" for me, e.g. cp -r  app/views/articles to
> themes/my_theme/views
>
> The one caveat, the way render_file has been overridden suppresses
> exceptions, which means that if you have an exception in one of your
> themed views, you'll inexplicably be shown the default view.

Oops.  I'll fix this tonight.

>> Can this be used to style the plugins output as well?
>
> I've got the same question, how do we style/override the sidebar
> components?

Er, nice question.  The answer is "not easily," at least at the
moment.  I need to extend things slightly before that works.
*HOWEVER*, the workaround is only moderately ugly: create a symlink
from ../themes to themes from the typo root directory.  If Typo is
in /usr/local/typo, then link /usr/local/themes to /usr/local/typo/
themes.  Then put your sidebar views into themes/*/views/plugins/
sidebars/*/content.rhtml.

I'll see what I can do to fix both of these, because they're ugly.

Scott