[typo] File based storage?

Justus Pendleton justus at ryoohki.net
Thu Nov 3 14:15:28 EST 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 12:55:37PM -0600, Mike Summers wrote:
> Has anyone worked on porting typo to use file-based storage rather than
> a database?
> I'm working on putting Typo into an embedded hand held system and can't
> really afford the db process.

If you use sqlite there isn't a "db" process, so my first question would
be "Have you tested using SQLite and found that it really won't meet
your memory requirements?"  Then I would try looking into SQI from
unixodbc.org.  I've never used it but it is supposed to "implements an
ultra-lite SQL Engine which uses text files for storage."  Then I'd try
kirbybase, as Tobias suggested.