[typo] Sidebar Issues with Typo Trunk & Rails 0.14.2

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Wed Nov 2 16:23:19 EST 2005

On Thursday 03 November 2005 02:56, Liz wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> As I mentioned yesterday, I cannot get any sidebar components
> involving RSS working with my installation of the Typo trunk, on
> Rails 0.14.2 and Ruby 1.8.2. I went ahead and installed a new copy of
> the trunk, didn't help. I even went so far as to install a completely
> new Typo trunk with a completely new database, and that didn't work
> either. Next I tried the stable version with a new database. No go.

Does the same thing happen with an up-to-date Ruby?  I know that Rails 0.13.x
wasncompatible with Ruby 1.8.3, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there
were some obscure incompatibility between Rails 0.14.x and Ruby 1.8.2.

Ruby 1.8.2 has a vulnerability anyway, which gives people a nice excuse to
upgrade it. :-)

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz at trypticon.org>