[typo] trackback urls

Patrick Lenz patrick at lenz.sh
Fri May 6 15:52:43 EDT 2005

I actually don't think this is a reasonable option for the general
public. This part of the article is supposed to display (in clear
text, not a link) the URL people can stick into their weblog editors
for tracking back to this particular article. Making this a link
complicates matters in my opinion.

Robby, for this particular case you should modify server_url_for in
app/helpers/application_helper.rb like this:

   def server_url_for(options = {})
     url_for options.update(:only_path => false, :host => @request.host)
   end

This will leave out the port from the URLs returned by server_url_for()

Hope this helps.

-P.