[typo] handling amount of comments

Tobias Luetke tobias.luetke at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 17:15:37 EDT 2005

whats really weird is that i had 500 comments once myself and it
didn't cause any grief other then long scrolling. Anyways, once static
caching is in its no problem. I'm not so sure about pagination, i
always dislike it and I think its really rare that a blog gets over
100 posts in normal operation.

Hrm.

On 6/18/05, Robby Russell <robby at planetargon.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 16:43 -0400, jesse newland wrote:
> > Also, an option to close comments after X comments would be great too.
> > In a perfect world, this would shoot an e-mail to the admin saying
> > something like "You just got slashdotted! Throw some ads on your page
> > right now!" :)
> >

> Yeah, well, in this scenario, the admin wanted everyone to comment. So,
> shutting off comments wasn't the solution. The quick-hack-solution was
> to move comments to an unpublished article ever 15 minutes via crontab.
>
> -Robby
>

> --
> * Robby Russell, Owner.Developer.Geek
> * PLANET ARGON, Open Source Solutions & Web Hosting
> * Portland, Oregon | p: 503.351.4730 | f: 815.642.4068
> * www.planetargon.com | www.robbyonrails.com

Tobi
http://www.snowdevil.ca - Snowboards that don't suck
http://typo.leetsoft.com - Open source weblog engine