[typo] MySQL to SQLite: any pointers?

Henning Bertram henning at bertramonline.com
Thu Jun 2 04:28:44 EDT 2005

I have bebe running Typo for a while on my TextDrive account. It is a
great app, but recently the TextDrive servers have had a number of MySQL
problems. So, I thought: why now use SQLite instead? It is not as if I
have so much traffic that performance will be an issue (if it is at all,
under any circumstances...)

However, I would like to convert my existing db over (holding some 700
articles). After all: I spent a lot of time moving all the data from TxP...

Since a SQLite db is cross-platform, I tried doing various conversions
on my local Windoze machine, using some of the different freely
available SQLite tools. The closest I got was moving the db from MySQL
to Access (!!!), and then from Access to SQLite. Worked, sort of: the
contents of the DATETIME fields did not make it, so no good, in the end.

However, looking at the converters that come with Typo (and that worked
great, btw), I have a feeling that something along those lines might be
the way to go.

My question is: has anybody done this? That is: moved an existing Typo
db from MySQL to SQLite, using a ruby script? Loooking at the
converters, it seems as if it would be trivial. On the other hand: I am
not (yet?) really an ace Rubyist, so if such a script is already out
there...

/Henning