[typo] Redirects / and a themes question

gpshewan gpsnospam at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 06:18:00 EDT 2005

On 29 Jul 2005, at 20:52, Jonas M Luster wrote:
> Something I did before I simply killed four years of WP/Drupal/MT
> imports, was to add a Rewrite for /archives/.../(slug-name) and
> hand it to search?q=$1 (slug-name). A mini-mod to the search code,
> to strip "-" and anyone hitting a non-existing permalink from my
> old site would be getting a search for the title, which worked
> quite well. Idea?

Good idea, never thought to push it through search.

As there could feasibly be a lot of different URL formats that
migrators will want to have handled, is it possible (bearing in mind
that my total experience of Rails is still just about measured in
hours rather than days) to have a catch-all entry in routes that
throws anything it hasn't matched to search?  So something along the
lines of:

   map.connect 'whats left',
     :controller => 'live', :action => 'search', :page => nil,
     :requirements => { ?? }

Which, right now, I would have no clue how to make work.  I could
also very well be talking rubbish, but is something like this
workable?  You wouldn't have to worry about rewrites in htaccess for
whatever old format of URL you had then.  Wouldn't be as nice as an
exact match either, but at least there are no routing errors.

On 29 Jul 2005, at 21:45, Tobias Luetke wrote:

> I think it would be great if we could update the importer to "create"
> .htaccess files and lighttpd snippets which would do the redirecting.
> I'll look into this in the near future

That would certainly encourage migrators.