[typo] Redirects / and a themes question

Jonas M Luster jluster at jluster.org
Fri Jul 29 15:52:27 EDT 2005

> Yeah I would have liked to redirect the old urls to the new
> ones ... but I have to put my hands up and say I couldn't figure
> out how to do it ... that remains a black art to me.  I don't
> understand what you mean about adding a new method to a controller
> though.  Will something go horribly wrong if I deploy the
> duplicated lines in routes to a live platform?  I was planning the
> live migration for Sunday(ish) :)

Something I did before I simply killed four years of WP/Drupal/MT
imports, was to add a Rewrite for /archives/.../(slug-name) and hand
it to search?q=$1 (slug-name). A mini-mod to the search code, to
strip "-" and anyone hitting a non-existing permalink from my old
site would be getting a search for the title, which worked quite
well. Idea?