[typo] Redirects / and a themes question

gpshewan gpsnospam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 15:31:43 EDT 2005

On 29 Jul 2005, at 19:39, Kevin Ballard wrote:
> The problem is ideally, the old URLs should be redirected to the
> new ones. You can do that with mod_rewrite, but to do it with
> routes you'd have to add a new method to a controller as well to do
> the redirect.

Yeah I would have liked to redirect the old urls to the new ones ...
but I have to put my hands up and say I couldn't figure out how to do
it ... that remains a black art to me.  I don't understand what you
mean about adding a new method to a controller though.  Will
something go horribly wrong if I deploy the duplicated lines in
routes to a live platform?  I was planning the live migration for
Sunday(ish) :)

It seems to work locally.  URLs are displayed as localhost/articles/y/
m/d/title so crawlers should pick up the posts with that taxonomy,
and any new posts I test have those URLs.  But if I try to navigate
to an old post (imported for testing, but lets say it was from a
Google referral) it still handles the old taxonomy I had (localhost/y/
m/d/title).  And you're right in saying this only works because I had
the /year/month/date/title taxonomy both on Textpattern and my
earlier Wordpress blog ... the only difference between the two is the
addition of '/article/' in the link.