[typo] Redirects / and a themes question

gpshewan gpsnospam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 06:16:34 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm very new to Ruby.  After getting a local version of Typo running
smoothly on OSX I'm just about ready to migrate my live site from
Textpattern.  I do have a couple of questions though and this may be
the quickest way to resolve it (and to provide a searchable solution
for others with a similar problem).

1. Redirects using htaccess.

My textpattern site (and Wordpress previously) used the clean URL
www.mysite.com/2005/01/01/a-post
Typo would use the clean URL www.mysite.com/articles/2005/01/01/a-post

Who knows the best way to handle this redirect for old links coming
from search engines?  I like the taxonomy that Typo uses but I don't
want visitors from Google to get routing errors.

2. Theme question

I managed to mash the azure CSS so it closely matches my current
CSS.  I also wanted to change the look of the 'Live Search' box in
the top right corner.  Is there a way to do this within a theme
rather than hack 'search.rhtml' and '_search.rhtml' in the core
code?  I managed it with no issues, but updating Typo will cause
issues for me then.

Cheers

Gary
------