[typo] Routing Error Recognition failed

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Thu Jul 28 08:29:14 EDT 2005

On Jul 28, 2005, at 3:08 AM, Joris Vuffray wrote:

>> Did you change the .htaccess file? Is this Apache? If so, which
>> version? Please quote the excerpt of your config responsible for
>> your  blog.
> I just changed "RewriteRule ^(.*)$ dispatch.fcgi [QSA,L]" to
> "RewriteRule ^(.*)$
> dispatch.cgi [QSA,L]"
> - Apache: Server version: Apache/1.3.33
> - Config:
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>   Port 80
>   DocumentRoot /home/customer/blog/blog/public
>   ServerName XXXXXXXXXX
> </VirtualHost>
> <Directory /home/customer/blog/blog/public>
>   Options +ExecCGI +FollowSymlinks
>   order deny,allow
>   allow from all
>   AllowOverride all
> </Directory>

Your blog lives in http://host.example.com/blog/ ?  Change the
dispatch line to /blog/dispatch.cgi.

You aren't going to be happy with Typo's CGI performance.  You'll
probably be happiest with FastCGI in static fcgi mode--that really
cuts down on the number of fcgi startup/shutdowns that Apache
performs, which should make your server a lot happier.  See http://
fastcgi for a sample; you'll probably want to turn the number of
FastCGI processes down to 3 or 4 to save memory if you don't see much