[typo] typo admin shows up on google.

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Thu Jul 28 00:14:26 EDT 2005

On Jul 27, 2005, at 8:56 PM, Shawn Liu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Typo, so I apologize if this question has been brought
> up or if it's not an issue at all.
>
> I did a search today on "typo admin" on Google and got this,
> http://www.google.com/search?q=typo+admin
>
> I don't think you'd want your admin screen to be accessible so
> easily like that, and I'm not sure how the search engine even
> crawled there.

The main reason behind this is that there are hidden links to the
admin edit pages all over the place, so logged-in users can use the
one-click editing feature.  Strictly speaking, this isn't a security
issue, but it'd be best to keep Google from crawling /admin, even if
there's really nothing there for them to see.

OTOH, it *does* provide us with a nice sorted list of Typo blogs by
PR, or whatever stands in for it now.

We should probably add an entry for /admin in the default robots.txt
anyway.

Scott