[typo] Need help upgrading

Christopher Bailey chris at codeintensity.com
Wed Jul 27 17:52:31 EDT 2005

I'm using typo from Subversion, and have 272 at the moment, and am trying to
go to 464.  I did "svn update".  I then tried to do "rake migrate".  Is that
the correct way to do it?  Is there a web page explaining how to do
upgrades?

When I did "rake migrate", I first got an error about the "extended_html"
column.  Someone on IRC said to comment out adding of that column (I already
had that column).  I did so, and tried "rake migrate" again, this time
getting:

    Processing 47 articles
    rake aborted!
    undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass
    ./Rakefile:220

This line appears to be the line actually using the ActiveRecord Migrator.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to do this properly?

Note, I am using the production environment, and running this on Lighttpd,
on TextDrive.  While doing the upgrade, I have shut down lighttpd, etc.