[typo] Themes in Typo - fundraiser

Tobias Luetke tobias.luetke at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 11:13:02 EDT 2005

Hey Robby,

Thanks for bringing this to the ML.

Lets do it. Themes are the missing part in the puzzle. slaird is
working hard today on the theming engine. Once its up we should use
this to get us a slashdotting.

We recently registered domains for typo as well.

www.typosphere.com/org and www.typocosmy.com/org can now be used for a
proper home page.

On 7/24/05, Robby Russell <robby at planetargon.com> wrote:
> Just starting a thread... :-)
>
> Some people in #typo earlier were discussing some ideas of how to get a
> bunch of themes added to Typo. One idea was to hold a contest where
> people would submit their themes and the winner would win a prize. One
> prize idea was an iPod. This would cost less than $400, so the Typo
> group would need to get some money together to pay for this.
>
> If 40 people offer $10, then we could do this. If 20 people offered
> $20... you get the idea.
>
> So, what if we put together a website for Typo, setup some neat ajax
> stuff that people could put on their site that would show how much money
> has been raised so far, etc... and then work on setting up rules for a
> theme submission contest.
>
> It's nothing new in the open source community and it seems to have been
> a good way to accomplish this sort of thing before. I think it'd be a
> good idea.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> ..it's late, bed time.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Robby
>
> --
> * Robby Russell, Owner.Developer.Geek
> * PLANET ARGON, Open Source Solutions & Web Hosting
> * Portland, Oregon | p: 503.351.4730 | f: 815.642.4068
> * www.planetargon.com | www.robbyonrails.com

Tobi
http://www.snowdevil.ca - Snowboards that don't suck
http://typo.leetsoft.com - Open source weblog engine