[typo] Themes in Typo - fundraiser

Robby Russell robby at planetargon.com
Sun Jul 24 03:19:29 EDT 2005

Just starting a thread... :-)

Some people in #typo earlier were discussing some ideas of how to get a
bunch of themes added to Typo. One idea was to hold a contest where
people would submit their themes and the winner would win a prize. One
prize idea was an iPod. This would cost less than $400, so the Typo
group would need to get some money together to pay for this.

If 40 people offer $10, then we could do this. If 20 people offered
$20... you get the idea.

So, what if we put together a website for Typo, setup some neat ajax
stuff that people could put on their site that would show how much money
has been raised so far, etc... and then work on setting up rules for a
theme submission contest.

It's nothing new in the open source community and it seems to have been
a good way to accomplish this sort of thing before. I think it'd be a
good idea.

..it's late, bed time.

* Robby Russell, Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON, Open Source Solutions & Web Hosting
* Portland, Oregon | p: 503.351.4730 | f: 815.642.4068
* www.planetargon.com | www.robbyonrails.com