[typo] Problems running typo - `/' not found

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Sat Jul 9 09:50:26 EDT 2005

On Jul 7, 2005, at 7:39 PM, Mark Reid wrote:

> That nailed it!
>
> I commented out the second last line in `config/environment.rb`,
> namely:
>     # ActionController::CgiRequest::DEFAULT_SESSION_OPTIONS.update
> (:database_manager => CGI::Session::ActiveRecordStore)
>
> and that did the trick. Everything seems to be working fine now.
> Going to `http://localhost:3000/ took me to the admin screen where
> I set up a blog and posted an entry. Going back to `http://
> localhost:3000/ displayed the new article.
>
> I had tried typo-2.0.6 with an earlier version of rails a few weeks
> ago so maybe some sessions got saved incorrectly there. I'm
> surprised anything has persisted as I completely removed every
> version of rails and its associated libraries before installing
> 0.13. I also deleted all my typo databases.
>
> Where do the database based sessions get stored?
>
> Thanks for the extremely prompt and useful help!

DHH just posted the solution to your problem on the Rails blog.
Basically, you're running a beta of Ruby 1.8.2, and you need to be
using the final version.  See 'ruby -v' -- it should say version
1.8.2 from Christmas 2004 (or newer).  If it's older then that,
you're going to see the CGI session error.

http://weblog.rubyonrails.com/archives/2005/07/09/are-you-running-the-
final-version-of-ruby-182/

Scott